This is the story of DeeDee

Just a mom....and an academic professional, trying to get healthy.

Saturday, July 31, 2010

stupid stupid stupid

I am SO STUPID!

I had my follow-up with my surgeon on Thursday. He was impressed with how well I was doing, and told me that if I wanted to start mushy foods, to do so. So last night, I brought my blended tuna and mashed avocado to my mom's to eat while everyone else was eating dinner. She had a pasta dish with salmon in it, so I decided to try some. The salmon went down well....almost too well. So I tried some pasta...which went down, however, after a few slow bites, I started to hiccup, and my mouth started to water. I immediately jumped up, cleared my space and sort of walked around the house. I drank tons of water, and felt okay. But then last night, my stomach began aching. And it hasn't stopped. My stomach is still killing me tonight! I have had total liquids today-nothing mushy at all, and not a whole lot to eat anyways.

Could one impulsive meal have hurt myself? Or is this common? I am freaking out that I have damaged my band, or my stomach. How would I know if I did? Any ideas as to how to make this stomach ache go away......I've learned a valuable lesson....

Help!
DeeDee

4 comments:

  1. You might have irritated the area around your band and the swelling will make you tight. I did that myself when I was too hungry for liquids after my last fill. It will be okay. If your band slipped, you would know it, it wouldn't cause a slight tummy ache that's for sure. Just baby yourself for a day or two and you should be back on track. *Maria*-Blogger from "This one time at BAND Camp..." Check out my blog at mybigfatbandgeeklife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if you did any damage... but it's a wake up call hopefully that you CAN do damage at this stage in the game. Here's hoping you haven't done the damage yet, stick to your eating plan right now, it is SUPER important.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry. The area around your band is still healing so any pressure will make you think you've done something wrong. If it doesn't get better in a day or so, see your doc. Stick to liquids and purees again. I found even gas made me ache a bit (even now, 6 months later). I remember eating goldfish when I was supposed to be on Fluids. Didn't hurt anything. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i agree with maria and sandy, your prob just irritated it a bit...maybe go back to liquids for a day or so to let it relax a bit :-)

    ReplyDelete