This is the story of DeeDee

Just a mom....and an academic professional, trying to get healthy.

Sunday, July 11, 2010

I'm here....

Well, hello.



Here I am...



My lap-band is scheduled for July 19th. I am excited and nervous, all at the same time. So excited....but so nervous.



I am on the 2 week liquid diet, and it is terrible. I hate it. I have little patience, and am snip-snappy. Luckily, I am married to the most incredible man in the world, who is great at dealing with me....this liquid diet is TRICKY!



Let me tell you a little about myself. Like I said, I am married to the most amazing man, and we will celebrate 7 years married the day after my lap-band surgery. We have a 4 1/2 year old little woman, who is the light of my life. We also have custody of his 2 children (my step-children) who are 10 and 14. Needless to say, we are busy.



I am a school administrator in a small town in Massachusetts. I love love love my job....but it is hard, stressful work.



For as long as I can remember, I have been overweight....that long...and have always struggled with it. I've done every diet on the market: WW, South Beach, Nutri-system, etc. Most with success...but then I get cocky and it is all over for me! I've lost and gained the same 60-80 pounds over the last 15-20 years. I am so ready to be done with this battle....



I began the bariatric program right before Christmas 2009. At that time, I hit my highest weight (besides my pregnancy, which took me into the 300's-yikers!). At Christmas time, I was probably in the high 280's-290's. I really need to find out from my dr. what my starting weight was. I am down to the 240's now...which is a huge accomplishment for me...having lost about 40 pounds BEFORE surgery makes me hopeful that I will be able to succeed. I know it will be hard work, but I know I can do it!



I am hoping to meet others who I can ask questions and just get support....like how am I going to get through the next 7 days of a liquid diet..... ugh!

Be Well,
DeeDee

8 comments:

  1. Hi DeeDee. I too have just started my journey in the land of blogging. And I'm getting banded tomorrow!

    I so love the LB bloggers I have found around here, they are so inspirational, honest and supportive. I already know that this is where I will be able to come to sort stuff out, share and laugh.

    All the very best for your op on Monday. I will keep an eye on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi dee dee! The liquid diet is the WORST!! I was a maniac. But if you go and read this: http://somethingsomethingsomethingfatchick.blogspot.com/2010/01/so-much-better.html you'll see...it does get better!

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great that you lost 40 pounds pre-surgery!! That's what I did too and they said that surgery went really well in part to losing weight before hand.

    The bloggy world is a great resource! You'll do great!!!

    P.S. I recommend listening to Gilly. She is right 95% of the time.

    http://turnitdownfrom11.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing that you lost 40 pounds before surgery... Great start! I was banded March 23rd, 2010. I think you will do great and the liquid diet sucks but the weight you lose on it makes up for the suckage. *Maria*-Blogger from "This one time at band camp..." Check out my blog at mybigfatbandgeeklife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. That is awesome that you lost 40 pounds before surgery. I only lost 5 lbs during my 6 month insurance mandated nutritional counseling. You are going to melt away with the band. Luckily I didn't have to do a liquid only diet during preop. I would have gone crazy. Hang in there. Your day is almost here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dee Dee that liquid diet is horrible, but worth it in the end! Good luck on your surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dee Dee - good luck! The band has been the best decision I've ever made... so happy that I did it! Good luck to you!!!

    ReplyDelete