This is the story of DeeDee

Just a mom....and an academic professional, trying to get healthy.

Thursday, July 22, 2010

I'm usually not a whiner...really, I'm not.

Like the title states, I am usually not a whiner. I roll with the punches, and I typically have a high threshold for pain. I never get sick, and when I do get sick or hurt, I suck it up and deal with it.

I just can't get past the idea that I am recovering from this surgery so slowly. Seriously, I could sleep ALL DAY LONG if I allow myself to do so. I had originally intended on going back to work YESTERDAY....but at this point, won't be going back until Monday. I am tired, cranky, and moody...and I hate it!

I am also having trouble distinguishing how my body is feeling. I can't tell if the rumbles in my tummy are gas....or am I hungry? But the thought of food actually makes me nauseous. Today, I have drank a CIB and eaten a yogurt....and that's it. Yesterday, I couldn't even get through one Special K protein shake, and I had very watery mashed potatoes for dinner. I know I am not getting enough protein....my hair has been falling out terribly....

So sorry for the whining. I know it will get better....in fact, it already has...but it is going so slow...which I am certainly not used to. I know I should feel happy and blessed, and I do...I think I am just feeling a little sorry for myself...and I hate being "that person".

Onward and Upward....
DeeDee

4 comments:

  1. I took a week off and eventhough I think I had it somewhat easy with recovery, it took me to day 5 to really feel like myself again. And it wasn't until I started mushies until I felt 100%. The downside is that I gained about 1 lb back which really sucks considering I'm only eating cottage cheese, eggs, tuna, soups, and other fairly low calorie stuff. But I'm trying not to get too upset because I've heard it happening to other people so I'm not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww hang in there its gotta get better. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are all entitled to whine once in awhile! So whine away!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a bit of a difficult time after surgery. I cried and mostly felt awful. I had my time of whining and you can to....cause I said so! Hope you are feeling better very soon.

    ReplyDelete