This is the story of DeeDee

Just a mom....and an academic professional, trying to get healthy.

Monday, July 26, 2010

I made it!

So I made it through my first week. This weekend was fantastic! I went to Bon Jovi on Saturday, which was fantastic. I was a little tired, however, stuck it out for the whole show and had a blast. Normally, I would've been rocking out like crazy....but this time, I needed to take it easy. I danced a little, but also sat and watched as well....

I also had 2 different restaurant excursions as well. I did very well having just soup. I get so full so fast, that while my friends were chowing down on their food, I took my soup nice and slowly...and they finished their huge meals well before I finished my soup. It was a victory for me! YAY!

I am also choking down 2-3 protein shakes a day. My hair is not falling out as bad....but yuck! I can't stand it anymore! I went back to work today...and am EXHAUSTED! I did okay though...I pretty proud of myself!

I bought a new scale-which I LOVE! I love it b/c it is nice, but also, I likey-likey the number that it has been showing! YAY! Not down a ton, but down at least 5-6 pounds since last Monday. I also bought myself a magic bullet and am so excited! I can't wait to use it!!!! Any suggestions from any of you Magic Bulleters would be great!

Well, that's it for now. I have an appt with my PCP tomorrow and with my surgeon on Thursday. My blood sugar is still a little bit high....not crazy high the way that it was, but higher than it should be....

Muah to you all!
DeeDee

7 comments:

  1. BON JOVI IS MY FAVE! I've seen him so many times - it will never be enough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for making it through your first week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you rock!

    http://seriouslyv.blogspot.com/2010/07/blogger-lovin.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will be tierd nest few weeks, take it easy and take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi DeeDee. I look forward to following you on your journey!

    I love my magic bullet too! When I was on mushies after by banding or whenever I get a fill, I use it for tuna or chicken salad. I put the tuna/chicken in cup with onion, plain no-fat greek yogurt, a little mayo for flavor, salt and pepper and blend it up! Love it and its so smooth,

    I also bought Click Mocha Espresso protein powder, add to blender with skim milk and ice and make a nice protein pick me up for the afternoons! Experiment and have fun with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you for following me! i'm glad that i caught up just as you're starting your journey!! welcome to bandville!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are doing great just a week out! Be good to yourself the first month or so. When in doubt, take it easy. For me post surgery was the hardest because I got so tired of liquids. You are doing well on your weight loss. I gained weight after surgery too, and then within the week that went away and more.

    Good job on the 40 lbs. lost before surgery! That is amazing! Bon Jovi is a great reward!

    ReplyDelete